HOW TO BECOME A MEMBER OF CADORA
CADORA Inc. memberships can be submitted to National either via a local chapter or group or by completing the national membership form on this web site. The membership fee (when joining via a local group) is split into local, provincial (where applicable) and national portions. Annual membership fees vary between $30.00 and $60.00, depending on the group's structure. Some groups offer "associate" and/or "newsletter only" memberships.
Contact the chapter of your choice and ask them to forward your fees and membership application form.
Direct ALL new/renewed membership applications to the LOCAL CADORA GROUP MEMBER ORGANIZATION nearest you or join directly by using the Cadora INC membership form here.
You can join at any time. Join before July 1st of the current year in order to be eligible for year-end awards.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the Board of Directors voted to extend 2020 memberships into 2021.
If you joined in 2020, you are automatically a 2021 member, and will be eligible for 2021 year-end awards (fingers crossed we have a show season). If you didn't join in 2020, then you will need to join by July 1 to be eligible for 2021 year-end awards.
What CADORA Inc. Provides for Members
CADORA is a volunteer association made up of multiple local chapters, or groups, across the country. Anyone who does anything within the association in any capacity, from the local to the national level does not get paid.
A CADORA membership year runs from January 1 to December 31.
1. Privileges of Membership:
- Right to vote (Seniors joined with National prior to July 1)
- Attendance at Annual General Meetings
- Automatic registration into the year-end awards program
NOTE: To retain voting privileges senior memberships must be received by the National Membership Secretary by July 1 of the current year.
2. Benefits of Membership:
- Low membership fees for value received
- CADORA Inc. Omnibus (Current USEF & FEI tests/Freestyles/PDD)
- CADORA gift
- CADORA INK e-blast (multiple times / year)
- Awards Program
- L-Inc Program
- Amateur Sport Tax Receipts for sponsorships/donations
- Fund-a-Judge Program
- CADORA Inc Policies & Procedures Manual (includes "How to run a Dressage Competition")
- A Guide to Dressage Tests
- How to Watch a Dressage Show
- Dressage: the Training, The Sport, The Art
- Memorabilia (rain covers, baseball caps, test planners, and stall info cards on request)
- Reports, labels, member lists (for local groups)
3. Activities (provided mainly by local volunteers):
- Competitions : Bronze, Silver [ON only], Gold, Platinum (CDIs)
- Championship Competitions : Provincial, Provincial Circuit [ON only], National
- Workshops, Seminars, Clinics etc ...
- Social gatherings, lectures, video evenings etc ...